Diagnosis Code E45
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code E45 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 640 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITH MCC
- 641 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 263.2 - Arrest devel d/t malnutr (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Arrested development following protein-calorie malnutrition
- Dystrophy due to malnutrition
- Nutritional muscular degeneration
- Nutritional stunting
- Physical retardation due to protein-calorie malnutrition
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code E45 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Nutritional short stature
- Nutritional stunting
- Physical retardation due to malnutrition
Information for Patients
Food provides the energy and nutrients you need to be healthy. If you don't get enough nutrients -- including proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals - you may suffer from malnutrition.
Causes of malnutrition include:
- Lack of specific nutrients in your diet. Even the lack of one vitamin can lead to malnutrition.
- An unbalanced diet
- Certain medical problems, such as malabsorption syndromes and cancers
Symptoms may include fatigue, dizziness, and weight loss. Or, you may have no symptoms. To diagnose the cause of the problem, your doctor may do blood tests and a nutritional assessment. Treatment may include replacing the missing nutrients and treating the underlying cause.
- Beriberi (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Kwashiorkor (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Malnutrition (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pellagra (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pica (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Scurvy (Medical Encyclopedia)