Valid for Submission
Z77.020 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of contact with and (suspected) exposure to aromatic amines. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code Z77.020 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like exposure to aromatic amine or exposure to potentially hazardous chemical or exposure to potentially hazardous substance.
The code Z77.020 describes a circumstance which influences the patient's health status but not a current illness or injury. The code is unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
|Short Description:||Contact with and (suspected) exposure to aromatic amines|
|Long Description:||Contact with and (suspected) exposure to aromatic amines|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code Z77.020 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Unacceptable principal diagnosis - There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Exposure to aromatic amine
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemical
- Exposure to potentially hazardous substance
Convert Z77.020 to ICD-9
- V87.11 - Cntct/exp aromatc amines
Factors influencing health status and contact with health services (Z00–Z99)
Persons with potential health hazards related to family and personal history and certain conditions influencing health status (Z77-Z99)
Oth contact w and exposures hazardous to health (Z77) (suspected)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020