Valid for Submission
X19.XXXS is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of contact with other heat and hot substances, sequela. The code X19.XXXS is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code X19.XXXS might also be used to specify conditions or terms like accident due to contact with hot or corrosive substance, accidents caused by hot substance or object, caustic or corrosive material and steam, accidents due to excessive heat, burn by hot object, burning due to contact with hot bricks , burning due to contact with hot concrete, etc.
X19.XXXS is a sequela code, includes a 7th character and should be used for complications that arise as a direct result of a condition like contact with other heat and hot substances. According to ICD-10-CM Guidelines a "sequela" code should be used for chronic or residual conditions that are complications of an initial acute disease, illness or injury. The most common sequela is pain. Usually, two diagnosis codes are needed when reporting sequela. The first code describes the nature of the sequela while the second code describes the sequela or late effect.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Accident due to contact with hot or corrosive substance
- Accidents caused by hot substance or object, caustic or corrosive material and steam
- Accidents due to excessive heat
- Burn by hot object
- Burning due to contact with hot bricks
- Burning due to contact with hot concrete
- Burning due to contact with hot masonry
- Burning due to contact with hot plastic
- Burning due to contact with hot solid objects and materials
- Burning due to contact with hot stones
- Burning due to contact with hot substance
- Burning due to contact with solid nonmetallic hot objects
- Burning self
- Hot tar burn of skin
- Injury due to nuclear explosion
- Injury due to radiant heat from nuclear explosion
- Injury of unknown intent by burns or fire
- Injury of unknown intent by scald
Convert X19.XXXS to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code X19.XXXS its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.