Diagnosis Code T56.0X1D
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T56.0X1D is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V58.89 - Other specfied aftercare (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code T56.0X1D is exempt from POA reporting.
- Accidental poisoning by lead paints
- Accidental poisoning caused by antiknock additives to petroleum
- Accidental poisoning caused by lead and its compounds and fumes
- Accidental poisoning caused by lead compound
- Accidental poisoning caused by lead fumes
- Accidental poisoning caused by metal
- Accidental poisoning caused by petroleum fuels and cleaners
- Accidental poisoning caused by petroleum products
- Acute lead nephropathy
- Acute toxic nephropathy
- Anemia caused by lead
- Chronic interstitial nephritis caused by heavy metals
- Chronic lead nephropathy
- Chronic toxic interstitial nephritis
- Lead neuropathy
- Nephropathy caused by lead
- Neuropathy caused by chemical substance
- Neuropathy caused by heavy metal
- Saturnine nephropathy
- Saturnine tremor
- Toxic effect of inorganic lead compound
- Toxic effect of lead dioxide
- Toxic effect of lead salt
- Toxic effect of organic lead compound
- Toxic effect of tetraethyl lead
- Urate nephropathy
Information for Patients
Also called: Plumbism
Lead is a metal that occurs naturally in the earth's crust. Lead can be found in all parts of our environment. Much of it comes from human activities such as mining and manufacturing. Lead used to be in paint; older houses may still have lead paint. You could be exposed to lead by
- Eating food or drinking water that contains lead. Water pipes in older homes may contain lead.
- Working in a job where lead is used
- Using lead in a hobby, such as making stained glass or lead-glazed pottery
- Using folk remedies such as herbs or foods that contain lead
Breathing air, drinking water, eating food, or swallowing or touching dirt that contains lead can cause many health problems. Lead can affect almost every organ and system in your body. In adults, lead can increase blood pressure and cause infertility, nerve disorders, and muscle and joint pain. It can also make you irritable and affect your ability to concentrate and remember.
Lead is especially dangerous for children. A child who swallows large amounts of lead may develop anemia, severe stomachache, muscle weakness, and brain damage. Even at low levels, lead can affect a child's mental and physical growth.
Agency for Toxic Substances Disease Registry
- Lead - nutritional considerations (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lead levels - blood (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lead poisoning (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lead Toxicity (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry)