Valid for Submission
T19.4XXA is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of foreign body in penis, initial encounter. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code T19.4XXA might also be used to specify conditions or terms like foreign body in penis or foreign body under foreskin.
The code T19.4XXA is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
|Short Description:||Foreign body in penis, initial encounter|
|Long Description:||Foreign body in penis, initial encounter|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Foreign body in penis
- Foreign body under foreskin
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code T19.4XXA is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 729 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC/MCC
- 730 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert T19.4XXA to ICD-9
- 939.3 - Foreign body penis (Combination Flag)
- E915 - FB entering oth orifice (Combination Flag)
Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00–T98)
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice (T15-T19)
Foreign body in genitourinary tract (T19)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020