Not Valid for Submission
S99.921 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of unspecified injury of right foot. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
The ICD-10-CM code S99.921 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like injury of right foot or injury of toe of right foot.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like S99.921 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
Specific Coding for Unspecified injury of right foot
Header codes like S99.921 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for unspecified injury of right foot:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Injury of right foot
- Injury of toe of right foot
Information for Patients
Foot Injuries and Disorders
Each of your feet has 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 tendons, muscles, and ligaments. No wonder a lot of things can go wrong. Here are a few common problems:
- Bunions - hard, painful bumps on the big toe joint
- Corns and calluses - thickened skin from friction or pressure
- Plantar warts - warts on the soles of your feet
- Fallen arches - also called flat feet
Ill-fitting shoes often cause these problems. Aging and being overweight also increase your chances of having foot problems.
- Claw foot (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Clubfoot (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Common peroneal nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Extremity x-ray (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Flat feet (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot sprain - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand or foot spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- High arch (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsal fracture (acute) - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsal stress fractures - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsus adductus (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Morton neuroma (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]