Valid for Submission
S99.822D is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other specified injuries of left foot, subsequent encounter. The code S99.822D is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The code is exempt from present on admission (POA) reporting for inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals.
S99.822D is a subsequent encounter code, includes a 7th character and should be used after the patient has completed active treatment for a condition like other specified injuries of left foot. According to ICD-10-CM Guidelines a "subsequent encounter" occurs when the patient is receiving routine care for the condition during the healing or recovery phase of treatment. Subsequent diagnosis codes are appropriate during the recovery phase, no matter how many times the patient has seen the provider for this condition. If the provider needs to adjust the patient's care plan due to a setback or other complication, the encounter becomes active again.
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Present on Admission (POA)
Convert S99.822D to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code S99.822D its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Foot Injuries and Disorders
Each of your feet has 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 tendons, muscles, and ligaments. No wonder a lot of things can go wrong. Here are a few common problems:
- Bunions - hard, painful bumps on the big toe joint
- Corns and calluses - thickened skin from friction or pressure
- Plantar warts - warts on the soles of your feet
- Fallen arches - also called flat feet
Ill-fitting shoes often cause these problems. Aging and being overweight also increase your chances of having foot problems.
- Claw foot (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Clubfoot (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Common peroneal nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Extremity x-ray (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Flat feet (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot sprain - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand or foot spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- High arch (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsal fracture (acute) - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsal stress fractures - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsus adductus (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Morton neuroma (Medical Encyclopedia)