Valid for Submission
S30.855A is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of superficial foreign body of unspecified external genital organs, male, initial encounter. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code S30.855A might also be used to specify conditions or terms like foreign body of skin of genitalia or foreign body of skin of perineum or wood splinter in genitalia or wood splinter in trunk.
The code S30.855A is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
|Short Description:||Superficial fb of unsp external genital organs, male, init|
|Long Description:||Superficial foreign body of unspecified external genital organs, male, initial encounter|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Foreign body of skin of genitalia
- Foreign body of skin of perineum
- Wood splinter in genitalia
- Wood splinter in trunk
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code S30.855A is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 604 - TRAUMA TO THE SKIN, SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE AND BREAST WITH MCC
- 605 - TRAUMA TO THE SKIN, SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE AND BREAST WITHOUT MCC
Convert S30.855A to ICD-9
- 911.6 - Foreign body trunk (Approximate Flag)
Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00–T98)
Injuries to the abdomen, lower back, lumbar spine, pelvis and external genitals (S30-S39)
Superfic inj abdomen, low back, pelvis and external genitals (S30)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020