Valid for Submission
R85.618 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other abnormal cytological findings on specimens from anus. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code R85.618 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like abnormal anal papanicolaou smear or atypical glandular cells on anal papanicolaou smear.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Other abnormal cytological findings on specimens from anus|
|Long Description:||Other abnormal cytological findings on specimens from anus|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R85.618 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Abnormal anal Papanicolaou smear
- Atypical glandular cells on anal Papanicolaou smear
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code R85.618 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 393 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 394 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 395 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert R85.618 to ICD-9
- 796.79 - Oth abn Pap smr anus/HPV (Approximate Flag)
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Abnormal findings on examination of other body fluids, substances and tissues, without diagnosis (R83-R89)
Abnormal findings in specimens from dgstv org/abd cav (R85)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020