R86.0 - Abnormal level of enzymes in specimens from male genital organs
|Short Description:||Abn lev enzymes in specimens from male genital organs|
|Long Description:||Abnormal level of enzymes in specimens from male genital organs|
|Status:||Valid for Submission|
R86.0 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of abnormal level of enzymes in specimens from male genital organs. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
This code is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Abnormal enzyme level in specimens from male genital organs
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
- - Abnormal, abnormality, abnormalities - See Also: Anomaly;
- - specimen
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, these edits apply to MALES only .
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|R86.0||792.2 - Abn findings-semen|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016 (First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)