Valid for Submission
I44.0 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of atrioventricular block, first degree. The code I44.0 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code I44.0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like first degree atrioventricular block or partial atrioventricular block.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code I44.0 are found in the index:
- - Block, blocked
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- First degree atrioventricular block
- Partial atrioventricular block
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert I44.0 to ICD-9 Code
Information for Patients
Also called: Irregular heartbeat
An arrhythmia is a problem with the rate or rhythm of your heartbeat. It means that your heart beats too quickly, too slowly, or with an irregular pattern. When the heart beats faster than normal, it is called tachycardia. When the heart beats too slowly, it is called bradycardia. The most common type of arrhythmia is atrial fibrillation, which causes an irregular and fast heart beat.
Many factors can affect your heart's rhythm, such as having had a heart attack, smoking, congenital heart defects, and stress. Some substances or medicines may also cause arrhythmias.
Symptoms of arrhythmias include
- Fast or slow heart beat
- Skipping beats
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Your doctor can run tests to find out if you have an arrhythmia. Treatment to restore a normal heart rhythm may include medicines, an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) or pacemaker, or sometimes surgery.
NIH: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Arrhythmias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Atrial fibrillation or flutter (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cardiac ablation procedures (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ectopic heartbeat (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electrocardiogram (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Exercise stress test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Heart palpitations (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Holter monitor (24h) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ventricular tachycardia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)