Diagnosis Code S61.233S
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code S61.233S is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 604 - TRAUMA TO THE SKIN, SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE AND BREAST WITH MCC
- 605 - TRAUMA TO THE SKIN, SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE AND BREAST WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 906.1 - Late eff open wnd extrem (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code S61.233S is exempt from POA reporting.
Information for Patients
Wounds and Injuries
Also called: Traumatic injuries
Other common types of injuries include
- Animal bites
- Electrical injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Bleeding (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crush injury (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cuts and puncture wounds (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electrical injury (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gunshot wounds -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- How wounds heal (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laceration - sutures or staples - at home (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lacerations - liquid bandage (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Surgical wound care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Surgical wound infection - treatment (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wet to dry dressing changes (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wound care centers (Medical Encyclopedia)