Diagnosis Code R06.3
Information for Medical Professionals
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 786.04 - Cheyne-stokes respiratn
- Central sleep apnea due to periodic breathing
- Central sleep apnea syndrome
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration
- Interrupted breathing
- On examination - Cheyne - Stokes respiration
- Respiration intermittent
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code R06.3 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Cheyne-Stokes breathing
Information for Patients
When you're short of breath, it's hard or uncomfortable for you to take in the oxygen your body needs. You may feel as if you're not getting enough air. Sometimes you can have mild breathing problems because of a stuffy nose or intense exercise. But shortness of breath can also be a sign of a serious disease.
Many conditions can make you feel short of breath:
- Lung conditions such as asthma, emphysema, or pneumonia
- Problems with your trachea or bronchi, which are part of your airway system
- Heart disease can make you feel breathless if your heart cannot pump enough blood to supply oxygen to your body
- Anxiety and panic attacks
If you often have trouble breathing, it is important to find out the cause.
- Blood gases (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breath sounds (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breathing difficulty (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breathing difficulty - lying down (Medical Encyclopedia)
- How to breathe when you are short of breath (Medical Encyclopedia)
- How to Properly Put On, Take Off a Disposable Respirator (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Pulmonary function tests (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rapid shallow breathing (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wheezing (Medical Encyclopedia)