Diagnosis Code N89.6
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code N89.6 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 742 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC
- 743 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 623.3 - Tight hymenal ring
- Finding of size of hymen
- Noninflammatory disorder of the vagina
- Persistent hymen affecting pregnancy
- Tight hymen
- Tight hymenal ring
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code N89.6 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Rigid hymen
- Tight introitus
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- imperforate hymen (Q52.3)
Information for Patients
Vaginal problems are some of the most common reasons women go to the doctor. They may have symptoms such as
- Abnormal bleeding
One common problem is vaginitis, an inflammation of the vagina. Other problems that affect the vagina include sexually transmitted diseases, vaginal cancer, and vulvar cancer. Treatment of vaginal problems depends on the cause.
- Bartholin cyst or abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Imperforate hymen (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal cysts (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal dryness (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal itching and discharge - Adult and adolescent (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal itching and discharge - child (Medical Encyclopedia)