2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N88.9
Noninflammatory disorder of cervix uteri, unspecified
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Disorder of uterine cervix
- Epidermidization of cervix
- Lesion of cervix
- Noninflammatory cervical disorder
- Uterine cervix problem
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10-CM Code Edits are applicable to this code:
Convert to ICD-9-CM Code
|Source ICD-10-CM Code||Target ICD-9-CM Code|
|N88.9||622.9 - Noninflam dis cervix NOS|
The cervix is the lower part of the uterus, the place where a baby grows during pregnancy. The cervix has a small opening that expands during childbirth. It also allows menstrual blood to leave a woman's body.
Your health care provider may perform a Pap test during your health checkup to look for changes to the cells of the cervix, including cervical cancer. Other problems with the cervix include:
- Cervicitis - inflammation of the cervix. This is usually from an infection.
- Cervical incompetence - This can happen during pregnancy. The opening of the cervix widens long before the baby is due.
- Cervical polyps and cysts - abnormal growths on the cervix
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016. This was the first year ICD-10-CM was implemented into the HIPAA code set.