Diagnosis Code B37.42
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for males only Diagnoses for males only
Diagnoses for males only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code B37.42 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 727 - INFLAMMATION OF THE MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM WITH MCC
- 728 - INFLAMMATION OF THE MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 112.2 - Candidias urogenital NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Candida infection of genital region
- Candidal balanitis
- Candidal balano-posthitis
Information for Patients
Also called: Penile disorders
Problems with the penis can cause pain and affect a man's sexual function and fertility. Penis disorders include
- Erectile dysfunction - inability to get or keep an erection
- Priapism - a painful erection that does not go away
- Peyronie's disease - bending of the penis during an erection due to a hard lump called a plaque
- Balanitis - inflammation of the skin covering the head of the penis, most often in men and boys who have not been circumcised
- Penile cancer - a rare form of cancer, highly curable when caught early
- Balanitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cancer - penis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Curvature of the penis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epididymitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epispadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Erythroplasia of Queyrat (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias repair (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias repair - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Paraphimosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Penis pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
Also called: Candidiasis, Moniliasis
Candida is the scientific name for yeast. It is a fungus that lives almost everywhere, including in your body. Usually, your immune system keeps yeast under control. If you are sick or taking antibiotics, it can multiply and cause an infection.
Yeast infections affect different parts of the body in different ways:
- Thrush is a yeast infection that causes white patches in your mouth
- Candida esophagitis is thrush that spreads to your esophagus, the tube that takes food from your mouth to your stomach. It can make it hard or painful to swallow.
- Women can get vaginal yeast infections, causing vaginitis
- Yeast infections of the skin cause itching and rashes
- Yeast infections in your bloodstream can be life-threatening
Antifungal medicines get rid of yeast infections in most people. If you have a weak immune system, treatment might be more difficult.
- Candida infection of the skin (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Thrush (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal yeast infection (Medical Encyclopedia)