Diagnosis Code Y63
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Y63 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- accidental overdose of drug or wrong drug given in error (T36-T50)
Information for Patients
Medicines cure infectious diseases, prevent problems from chronic diseases, and ease pain. But medicines can also cause harmful reactions if not used correctly. Errors can happen in the hospital, at the doctor's office, at the pharmacy, or at home. You can help prevent errors by
- Knowing your medicines. Keep a list of the names of your medicines, how much you take, and when you take them. Include over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements and herbs. Take this list to all your doctor visits.
- Reading medicine labels and following the directions. Don't take medications prescribed for someone else.
- Taking extra caution when giving medicines to children.
- Asking questions. If you don't know the answers to these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Why am I taking this medicine?
- What are the common problems to watch out for?
- What should I do if they occur?
- When should I stop this medicine?
- Can I take this medicine with the other medicines on my list?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 6 Tips to Avoid Medication Mistakes (Food and Drug Administration)
- How and when to get rid of unused medicines (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Keeping your medications organized (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Medication safety during your hospital stay (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Medication safety: Filling your prescription (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Storing your medicines (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Taking medicine at home - create a routine (Medical Encyclopedia)