Diagnosis Code B74.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code B74.1 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 867 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 868 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 869 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 125.1 - Malayan filariasis
- Acute Malayan filarial abscess
- Acute Malayan filariasis
- Chronic acquired lymphedema
- Chronic lymphadenitis
- Chronic Malayan filarial lymphadenitis
- Chronic Malayan filariasis
- Infection caused by Brugia malayi
- Infectious lymphangitis
- Malayan elephantiasis
- Malayan filarial fever
Information for Patients
Parasites are living things that use other living things - like your body - for food and a place to live. You can get them from contaminated food or water, a bug bite, or sexual contact. Some parasitic diseases are easily treated and some are not.
Parasites range in size from tiny, one-celled organisms called protozoa to worms that can be seen with the naked eye. Some parasitic diseases occur in the United States. Contaminated water supplies can lead to Giardia infections. Cats can transmit toxoplasmosis, which is dangerous for pregnant women. Others, like malaria, are common in other parts of the world.
If you are traveling, it's important to drink only water you know is safe. Prevention is especially important. There are no vaccines for parasitic diseases. Some medicines are available to treat parasitic infections.
- Amebiasis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Amebic liver abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ascariasis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Creeping eruption (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Stool ova and parasites exam (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Taeniasis (Medical Encyclopedia)