Valid for Submission
Z60.5 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of target of (perceived) adverse discrimination and persecution. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code Z60.5 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like bullied at school or political discrimination or religious discrimination or victim of bullying or victim of bullying when not in school.
The code Z60.5 describes a circumstance which influences the patient's health status but not a current illness or injury. The code is unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
|Short Description:||Target of (perceived) adverse discrimination and persecution|
|Long Description:||Target of (perceived) adverse discrimination and persecution|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code Z60.5:
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- social exclusion and rejection Z60.4
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code Z60.5 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Unacceptable principal diagnosis - There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bullied at school
- Political discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Victim of bullying
- Victim of bullying when not in school
Convert Z60.5 to ICD-9
- V62.4 - Social maladjustment (Approximate Flag)
Factors influencing health status and contact with health services (Z00–Z99)
Persons with potential health hazards related to socioeconomic and psychosocial circumstances (Z55-Z65)
Problems related to social environment (Z60)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020