Z60.4 - Social exclusion and rejection
|Short Description:||Social exclusion and rejection|
|Long Description:||Social exclusion and rejection|
|Status:||Valid for Submission|
Z60.4 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of social exclusion and rejection. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
This code describes a circumstance which influences the patient's health status but not a current illness or injury. The code is unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Decreased social isolation
- Finding related to ability to interact with others
- Sensory isolation
- Social exclusion
- Social isolation
- Social isolation
- Social isolation in parenthood
- Social outcast
- Social withdrawal
- Social Isolation-. the separation of individuals or groups resulting in the lack of or minimizing of social contact and/or communication. this separation may be accomplished by physical separation, by social barriers and by psychological mechanisms. in the latter, there may be interaction but no real communication.
- PDQUALIF - Social Isolation-. parkinson's disease quality of life scale (pdqualif) my parkinson's symptoms cause me to stay away from social gatherings.
- PROMIS Short Form-Social Isolation-4a|PROMIS Item Bank v2.0 - Social Isolation - Short Form 4a|PROMIS Short Form - Social Isolation - 4a|PROMIS Short Form v2.0 - Social Isolation 4a|PROMIS-SI-4a-. a patient reported outcomes measure that assesses perceptions of being avoided, excluded, detached, disconnected from, or unknown by, others.
- Social Isolation-. a condition in which an individual feels or is made to feel as though he or she has no place within society. this is often the case with persons who have inadequate support systems or who suffer from stigmatized disease, such as aids and mental illness.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to this diagnosis code:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Exclusion and rejection on the basis of personal characteristics, such as unusual physical appearance, illness or behavior.
Type 1 ExcludesType 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- target of adverse discrimination such as for racial or religious reasons Z60.5
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Unacceptable principal diagnosis - There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual's health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|Z60.4||V62.4 - Social maladjustment|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016 (First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)