Valid for Submission
R93.813 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of abnormal radiologic findings on diagnostic imaging of testicles, bilateral. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code R93.813 is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Abnormal radlgc findings on dx imaging of testicles, bi|
|Long Description:||Abnormal radiologic findings on diagnostic imaging of testicles, bilateral|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code R93.813 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 729 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC/MCC
- 730 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
R93813 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- R93.8 - Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of body structures
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging and in function studies, without diagnosis (R90-R94)
Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of body structures (R93)
- FY 2019 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020