R39.82 - Chronic bladder pain
|Short Description:||Chronic bladder pain|
|Long Description:||Chronic bladder pain|
|Status:||Valid for Submission|
R39.82 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of chronic bladder pain. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bladder pain
- Chronic urinary bladder pain
- Finding of sensation of bladder
- Bladder Pain-. painful sensation in the bladder region.
- Gallbladder Pain, CTCAE 5.0|Gallbladder Pain|Gallbladder pain-. a disorder characterized by a sensation of marked discomfort in the gallbladder region.
- Gallbladder Pain|Gallbladder pain-. painful sensation in the gallbladder region.
- Grade 1 Gallbladder Pain, CTCAE|Grade 1 Gallbladder pain|Grade 1 Gallbladder pain-. mild pain
- Grade 2 Gallbladder Pain, CTCAE|Grade 2 Gallbladder pain|Grade 2 Gallbladder pain-. moderate pain; limiting instrumental adl
- Grade 3 Gallbladder Pain, CTCAE|Grade 3 Gallbladder pain|Grade 3 Gallbladder pain-. severe pain; limiting self care adl
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
R3982 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- R39.89 - Other symptoms and signs involving the genitourinary system
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|R39.82||788.99 - Oth symptm urinary systm|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018