Valid for Submission
R39.83 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unilateral non-palpable testicle. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code R39.83 is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Unilateral non-palpable testicle|
|Long Description:||Unilateral non-palpable testicle|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R39.83 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code R39.83 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 695 - KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS WITH MCC
- 696 - KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS WITHOUT MCC
R3983 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- R39.89 - Other symptoms and signs involving the genitourinary system
Convert R39.83 to ICD-9
- 789.9 - Abdomen/pelvis symp NEC (Approximate Flag)
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Symptoms and signs involving the genitourinary system (R30-R39)
Oth and unsp symptoms and signs involving the GU sys (R39)
- FY 2018 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020