Valid for Submission
O00.109 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O00.109 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like miscarriage of tubal ectopic pregnancy or rupture of fallopian tube or ruptured tubal pregnancy or tubal pregnancy or unruptured tubal pregnancy.
The code O00.109 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Unspecified tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy|
|Long Description:||Unspecified tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Miscarriage of tubal ectopic pregnancy
- Rupture of fallopian tube
- Ruptured tubal pregnancy
- Tubal pregnancy
- Unruptured tubal pregnancy
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O00.109 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
O00109 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- O00.10 - Tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
Convert O00.109 to ICD-9
- 633.10 - Tubal preg w/o intra prg (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Pregnancy with abortive outcome (O00-O08)
- FY 2018 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020