Valid for Submission
O00.91 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified ectopic pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O00.91 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like combined pregnancy.
The code O00.91 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Unspecified ectopic pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy|
|Long Description:||Unspecified ectopic pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code O00.91 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies in maternity cases by checking a patient's age and any diagnosis on the patient's record. The maternity code edits apply to patients age ange is 9–64 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, these edits apply to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O00.91 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURES WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURES WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURES WITHOUT CC/MCC
O0091 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- O00.9 - Ectopic pregnancy, unspecified
Convert O00.91 to ICD-9
- 633.91 - Ectp preg NOS w int preg
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Pregnancy with abortive outcome (O00-O08)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021