Not Valid for Submission
O00.2 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of ovarian pregnancy. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
Specific Coding for Ovarian pregnancy
Header codes like O00.2 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for ovarian pregnancy:
- O00.20 - Ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.201 - Right ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.202 - Left ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.209 - Unspecified ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.21 - Ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.211 - Right ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.212 - Left ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.219 - Unspecified ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- PREGNANCY OVARIAN-. a type of pregnancy in which embryo implantation occurs in an ovary instead of in the uterine cavity.
Information for Patients
Also called: Abdominal pregnancy, Tubal pregnancy
The uterus, or womb, is the place where a baby grows when a woman is pregnant. If you have an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg grows in the wrong place, outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tubes. The result is usually a miscarriage.
Ectopic pregnancy can be a medical emergency if it ruptures. Signs of ectopic pregnancy include
- Abdominal pain
- Shoulder pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Feeling dizzy or faint
Get medical care right away if you have these signs. Doctors use drugs or surgery to remove the ectopic tissue so it doesn't damage your organs. Many women who have had ectopic pregnancies go on to have healthy pregnancies later.
Dept. of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health
- D and C (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ectopic pregnancy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- HCG blood test - quantitative (Medical Encyclopedia)