Diagnosis Code I48.92
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code I48.92 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 308 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 309 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITH CC
- 310 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 427.32 - Atrial flutter (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Atrial fibrillation and flutter
- Atrial flutter
- Atrial flutter
- Chronic atrial flutter
- Electrocardiographic atrial flutter
- Paroxysmal atrial flutter
Information for Patients
Also called: Irregular heartbeat
An arrhythmia is a problem with the rate or rhythm of your heartbeat. It means that your heart beats too quickly, too slowly, or with an irregular pattern. When the heart beats faster than normal, it is called tachycardia. When the heart beats too slowly, it is called bradycardia. The most common type of arrhythmia is atrial fibrillation, which causes an irregular and fast heart beat.
Many factors can affect your heart's rhythm, such as having had a heart attack, smoking, congenital heart defects, and stress. Some substances or medicines may also cause arrhythmias.
Symptoms of arrhythmias include
- Fast or slow heart beat
- Skipping beats
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Your doctor can run tests to find out if you have an arrhythmia. Treatment to restore a normal heart rhythm may include medicines, an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) or pacemaker, or sometimes surgery.
NIH: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Arrhythmias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Atrial fibrillation or flutter (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cardiac ablation procedures (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ectopic heartbeat (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electrocardiogram (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Exercise stress test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Heart palpitations (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Holter monitor (24h) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ventricular tachycardia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)