Valid for Submission
B36.3 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of black piedra. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code B36.3 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like black piedra or infection caused by piedraia.
|Short Description:||Black piedra|
|Long Description:||Black piedra|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code B36.3 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Black piedra
- Infection caused by Piedraia
- PIEDRA-. either of two diseases resulting from fungal infection of the hair shafts. black piedra occurs mainly in and on the hairs of the scalp and is caused by piedraia hortae; white piedra occurs in and on the hairs of the scalp beard moustache and genital areas and is caused by trichosporon species.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code B36.3 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 606 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 607 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
Convert B36.3 to ICD-9
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020