Diagnosis Code Z53.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V64.3 - No proc for reasons NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Blood pressure not taken
- Body mass index measurement not done
- Breast cancer screening not done
- Did not attend - no reason
- Domestic abuse not discussed
- Drugs not taken/completed
- Fall risk assessment not done
- Hypertension monitoring check not done
- Patient assessment for procedure not done
- Postnatal depression not discussed
- Procedure not done
- Tobacco usage screening not done