Diagnosis Code Z00.0
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Z00.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of “other specified” codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Encounter for adult periodic examination (annual) (physical) and any associated laboratory and radiologic examinations
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means “NOT CODED HERE!” An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- encounter for examination of sign or symptom- code to sign or symptom
- general health check-up of infant or child (Z00.12.-)
Information for Patients
Also called: Annual checkup, Annual physical examination, Routine physical examination
Regular health exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment and cure are better. Which exams and screenings you need depends on your age, health and family history, and lifestyle choices such as what you eat, how active you are, and whether you smoke.
To make the most of your next check-up, here are some things to do before you go:
- Review your family health history
- Find out if you are due for any general screenings or vaccinations
- Write down a list of issues and questions to take with you
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Health screening - men - age 18 - 39 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health screening - men - age 40 - 64 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health screening - men - over 65 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Physical exam frequency (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Well-child visits (Medical Encyclopedia)