Not Valid for Submission
M21.62 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of bunionette. The code is NOT valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
- M21.621 - Bunionette of right foot
- M21.622 - Bunionette of left foot
- M21.629 - Bunionette of unspecified foot
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M21.62 are found in the index:
- BUNION TAILOR'S-. abnormal swelling of the outer aspect of the fifth metatarsal head affecting the fifth metatarsophalangeal joint.
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Other joint disorders (M20-M25)
Other acquired deformities of limbs (M21)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020