Diagnosis Code M21.12
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code M21.12 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Cubitus varus, elbow
Information for Patients
Elbow Injuries and Disorders
Your elbow joint is made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments and fluid. Muscles and tendons help the elbow joint move. When any of these structures is hurt or diseased, you have elbow problems.
Many things can make your elbow hurt. A common cause is tendinitis, an inflammation or injury to the tendons that attach muscle to bone. Tendinitis of the elbow is a sports injury, often from playing tennis or golf. You may also get tendinitis from overuse of the elbow.
Other causes of elbow pain include sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, bursitis and arthritis. Treatment depends on the cause.
- Elbow pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Elbow replacement (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Elbow sprain -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Medial epicondylitis - golfer's elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nursemaid's elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tennis elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tennis elbow surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)