Valid for Submission
L98.7 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of excessive and redundant skin and subcutaneous tissue. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code L98.7 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like excessive skin and subcutaneous tissue.
|Short Description:||Excessive and redundant skin and subcutaneous tissue|
|Long Description:||Excessive and redundant skin and subcutaneous tissue|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code L98.7:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Loose or sagging skin following bariatric surgery weight loss
- Loose or sagging skin following dietary weight loss
- Loose or sagging skin, NOS
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- acquired excess or redundant skin of eyelid H02.3
- congenital excess or redundant skin of eyelid Q10.3
- skin changes due to chronic exposure to nonionizing radiation L57
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code L98.7 are found in the index:
- - Loose - See Also: condition;
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Excessive skin and subcutaneous tissue
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code L98.7 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 606 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 607 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
L987 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- L98.8 - Oth disrd of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
Convert L98.7 to ICD-9
- 701.9 - Skin hypertro/atroph NOS (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (L00–L99)
Other disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (L80-L99)
Oth disorders of skin, subcu, not elsewhere classified (L98)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020