Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- chronic childhood granulomatous disease D71
- dermatitis gangrenosa L08.0
- dermatitis herpetiformis L13.0
- dry skin dermatitis L85.3
- factitial dermatitis L98.1
- perioral dermatitis L71.0
- radiation-related disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue L55 L59
- stasis dermatitis I87.2
- In this block the terms dermatitis and eczema are used synonymously and interchangeably.