Valid for Submission
L98.429 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of non-pressure chronic ulcer of back with unspecified severity. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code L98.429 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like chronic skin ulcer of sacrum or chronic ulcer of back or chronic ulcer of back or chronic ulcer of sacral region or ulcer of back.
|Short Description:||Non-pressure chronic ulcer of back with unspecified severity|
|Long Description:||Non-pressure chronic ulcer of back with unspecified severity|
This code was replaced in the 2020 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2019. This code was replaced for the FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020).
- L98.425 - Non-prs chr ulcer of back with muscle invl w/o evd of necr
- L98.426 - Non-prs chr ulcer of back with bone invl without evd of necr
- L98.428 - Non-pressure chronic ulcer of back with oth severity
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code L98.429 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Chronic skin ulcer of sacrum
- Chronic ulcer of back
- Chronic ulcer of back
- Chronic ulcer of sacral region
- Ulcer of back
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code L98.429 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 573 - SKIN GRAFT FOR SKIN ULCER OR CELLULITIS WITH MCC
- 574 - SKIN GRAFT FOR SKIN ULCER OR CELLULITIS WITH CC
- 575 - SKIN GRAFT FOR SKIN ULCER OR CELLULITIS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert L98.429 to ICD-9
- 707.8 - Chronic skin ulcer NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (L00–L99)
Other disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (L80-L99)
Oth disorders of skin, subcu, not elsewhere classified (L98)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020