J82.83 - Eosinophilic asthma
|Short Description:||Eosinophilic asthma|
|Long Description:||Eosinophilic asthma|
|Status:||Valid for Submission|
J82.83 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of eosinophilic asthma. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Asthmatic pulmonary eosinophilia
- Pulmonary eosinophilia
- Pulmonary Eosinophilia-. a condition characterized by infiltration of the lung with eosinophils due to inflammation or other disease processes. major eosinophilic lung diseases are the eosinophilic pneumonias caused by infections, allergens, or toxic agents.
- Eosinophils-. granular leukocytes with a nucleus that usually has two lobes connected by a slender thread of chromatin, and cytoplasm containing coarse, round granules that are uniform in size and stainable by eosin.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to this diagnosis code:
Code FirstCode First
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists, there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation.
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
- - Asthma, asthmatic (bronchial) (catarrh) (spasmodic) - J45.909
- - eosinophilic - J82.83
- - pulmonary eosinophilic - J82.83
- - Eosinophilia (allergic) (idiopathic) (secondary) - D72.10
- - pulmonary NEC - J82.89
- - asthmatic - J82.83
- - pulmonary NEC - J82.89
J8283 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- J82 - Pulmonary eosinophilia, not elsewhere classified
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021