Valid for Submission
I45.19 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other right bundle-branch block. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code I45.19 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like complete right bundle branch block or familial isolated complete right bundle branch block or incomplete right bundle branch block.
The code I45.19 is not usually sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used as a principal diagnosis.
|Short Description:||Other right bundle-branch block|
|Long Description:||Other right bundle-branch block|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code I45.19 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Questionable admission codes - Some diagnoses are not usually sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital. For example, if a patient is given code R030 for elevated blood pressure reading, without diagnosis of hypertension, then the patient would have a questionable admission, since elevated blood pressure reading is not normally sufficient justification for admission to a hospital.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Complete right bundle branch block
- Familial isolated complete right bundle branch block
- Incomplete right bundle branch block
- BUNDLE BRANCH BLOCK-. a form of heart block in which the electrical stimulation of heart ventricles is interrupted at either one of the branches of bundle of his thus preventing the simultaneous depolarization of the two ventricles.
- BRUGADA SYNDROME-. an autosomal dominant defect of cardiac conduction that is characterized by an abnormal st segment in leads v1 v3 on the electrocardiogram resembling a right bundle branch block; high risk of ventricular tachycardia; or ventricular fibrillation; syncopal episode; and possible sudden death. this syndrome is linked to mutations of gene encoding the cardiac sodium channel alpha subunit.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code I45.19 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 308 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 309 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITH CC
- 310 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert I45.19 to ICD-9
- 426.4 - Rt bundle branch block (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the circulatory system (I00–I99)
Other forms of heart disease (I30-I52)
Other conduction disorders (I45)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020