Valid for Submission
I45.10 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified right bundle-branch block. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code I45.10 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like bifascicular block, bifascicular block on electrocardiogram, ekg: complete right bundle branch block, ekg: incomplete right bundle branch block, ekg: left bundle branch block, ekg: right bundle branch block, etc
The code I45.10 is not usually sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used as a principal diagnosis.
|Short Description:||Unspecified right bundle-branch block|
|Long Description:||Unspecified right bundle-branch block|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code I45.10:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Right bundle-branch block NOS
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code I45.10 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Questionable admission codes - Some diagnoses are not usually sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital. For example, if a patient is given code R030 for elevated blood pressure reading, without diagnosis of hypertension, then the patient would have a questionable admission, since elevated blood pressure reading is not normally sufficient justification for admission to a hospital.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bifascicular block
- Bifascicular block on electrocardiogram
- EKG: complete right bundle branch block
- EKG: Incomplete right bundle branch block
- EKG: left bundle branch block
- EKG: right bundle branch block
- Left anterior fascicular block
- Left anterior fascicular block on electrocardiogram
- Monofascicular block
- Right bundle branch block
- Right bundle branch block AND left anterior fascicular block
- Right bundle branch block and left anterior fascicular block on electrocardiogram
- Right bundle branch block with left bundle branch block
- Right bundle branch block, anterior fascicular block AND incomplete posterior fascicular block
- BUNDLE BRANCH BLOCK-. a form of heart block in which the electrical stimulation of heart ventricles is interrupted at either one of the branches of bundle of his thus preventing the simultaneous depolarization of the two ventricles.
- BRUGADA SYNDROME-. an autosomal dominant defect of cardiac conduction that is characterized by an abnormal st segment in leads v1 v3 on the electrocardiogram resembling a right bundle branch block; high risk of ventricular tachycardia; or ventricular fibrillation; syncopal episode; and possible sudden death. this syndrome is linked to mutations of gene encoding the cardiac sodium channel alpha subunit.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code I45.10 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 308 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 309 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITH CC
- 310 - CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA AND CONDUCTION DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert I45.10 to ICD-9
- 426.4 - Rt bundle branch block (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the circulatory system (I00–I99)
Other forms of heart disease (I30-I52)
Other conduction disorders (I45)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020