Valid for Submission
A99 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified viral hemorrhagic fever. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A99 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like viral hemorrhagic fever.
|Short Description:||Unspecified viral hemorrhagic fever|
|Long Description:||Unspecified viral hemorrhagic fever|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A99 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- HEMORRHAGIC FEVERS VIRAL-. a group of viral diseases of diverse etiology but having many similar clinical characteristics; increased capillary permeability leukopenia and thrombocytopenia are common to all. hemorrhagic fevers are characterized by sudden onset fever headache generalized myalgia backache conjunctivitis and severe prostration followed by various hemorrhagic symptoms. hemorrhagic fever with kidney involvement is hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A99 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 865 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITH MCC
- 866 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITHOUT MCC
Convert A99 to ICD-9
- 065.9 - Arthropod hem fever NOS (Approximate Flag)
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral hemorrhagic fevers (A90-A99)
Unspecified viral hemorrhagic fever (A99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020