Valid for Submission
A98.2 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of kyasanur forest disease. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A98.2 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like kyasanur forest disease.
|Short Description:||Kyasanur Forest disease|
|Long Description:||Kyasanur Forest disease|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A98.2 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- ENCEPHALITIS VIRUSES TICK BORNE-. a subgroup of the genus flavivirus that causes encephalitis and hemorrhagic fevers and is found in eastern and western europe and the former soviet union. it is transmitted by ticks and there is an associated milk borne transmission from viremic cattle goats and sheep.
- KYASANUR FOREST DISEASE-. tick borne flavivirus infection occurring in the kyasanur forest in india.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A98.2 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 865 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITH MCC
- 866 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITHOUT MCC
Convert A98.2 to ICD-9
- 065.2 - Kyasanur forest disease
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral hemorrhagic fevers (A90-A99)
Other viral hemorrhagic fevers, not elsewhere classified (A98)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020