Valid for Submission
A43.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of nocardiosis, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A43.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like actinomycetoma due to nocardia infection or infection caused by nocardia co-occurrent with human immunodeficiency virus infection or nocardia abscessus or nocardia arthritidis or nocardiosis or nocardiosis associated with aids.
|Short Description:||Nocardiosis, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Nocardiosis, unspecified|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A43.9 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Actinomycetoma due to Nocardia infection
- Infection caused by Nocardia co-occurrent with human immunodeficiency virus infection
- Nocardia abscessus or Nocardia arthritidis
- Nocardiosis associated with AIDS
- NOCARDIA INFECTIONS-. infections with bacteria of the genus nocardia.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A43.9 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 867 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 868 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 869 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert A43.9 to ICD-9
- 039.9 - Actinomycosis NOS (Approximate Flag)
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020