Not Valid for Submission
A19 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of miliary tuberculosis. The code is NOT valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Miliary tuberculosis|
|Long Description:||Miliary tuberculosis|
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
- A19.0 - Acute miliary tuberculosis of a single specified site
- A19.1 - Acute miliary tuberculosis of multiple sites
- A19.2 - Acute miliary tuberculosis, unspecified
- A19.8 - Other miliary tuberculosis
- A19.9 - ... unspecified
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code A19:
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- disseminated tuberculosis
- generalized tuberculosis
- tuberculous polyserositis
- TUBERCULOSIS MILIARY-. an acute form of tuberculosis in which minute tubercles are formed in a number of organs of the body due to dissemination of the bacilli through the blood stream.
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020