Valid for Submission
A20.0 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of bubonic plague. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A20.0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like bubonic plague or plague.
|Short Description:||Bubonic plague|
|Long Description:||Bubonic plague|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A20.0 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- PLAGUE-. an acute infectious disease caused by yersinia pestis that affects humans wild rodents and their ectoparasites. this condition persists due to its firm entrenchment in sylvatic rodent flea ecosystems throughout the world. bubonic plague is the most common form.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A20.0 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 867 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 868 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 869 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert A20.0 to ICD-9
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Certain zoonotic bacterial diseases (A20-A28)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020