Diagnosis Code Z48.812
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code Z48.812 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V58.73 - Aft surg circ syst NEC
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code Z48.812 is exempt from POA reporting.
Information for Patients
Also called: Postoperative care, Recovery from surgery
After any operation, you'll have some side effects. There is usually some pain with surgery. There may also be swelling and soreness around the area that the surgeon cut. Your surgeon can tell you which side effects to expect.
There can also be complications. These are unplanned events linked to the operation. Some complications are infection, too much bleeding, reaction to anesthesia, or accidental injury. Some people have a greater risk of complications because of other medical conditions.
Your surgeon can tell you how you might feel and what you will be able to do - or not do - the first few days, weeks, or months after surgery. Some other questions to ask are
- How long you will be in the hospital
- What kind of supplies, equipment, and help you might need when you go home
- When you can go back to work
- When it is ok to start exercising again
- Are they any other restrictions in your activities
Following your surgeon's advice can help you recover as soon as possible.
Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research
- Bland diet (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Deep breathing after surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Diet - clear liquid (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Diet - full liquid (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Getting your home ready - after the hospital (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Indwelling catheter care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Post surgical pain treatment - adults (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Self catheterization - female (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Self catheterization - male (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Suprapubic catheter care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Surgical wound care -- closed (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Surgical wound infection - treatment (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urinary catheters (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urine drainage bags (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Using an incentive spirometer (Medical Encyclopedia)