Diagnosis Code Y07
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Y07 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Includes Notes: Includes Notes
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- perpetrator of abandonment
- perpetrator of emotional neglect
- perpetrator of mental cruelty
- perpetrator of physical abuse
- perpetrator of physical neglect
- perpetrator of sexual abuse
- perpetrator of torture
- Codes from this category are for use only in cases of confirmed abuse (T74.-)
- Selection of the correct perpetrator code is based on the relationship between the perpetrator and the victim
Information for Patients
Also called: Battery, Partner abuse, Spousal abuse
Domestic violence is a type of abuse. It usually involves a spouse or partner, but it can also be a child, elderly relative, or other family member.
Domestic violence may include
- Physical violence that can lead to injuries such as bruises or broken bones
- Sexual violence
- Threats of physical or sexual violence
- Emotional abuse that may lead to depression, anxiety, or social isolation
It is hard to know exactly how common domestic violence is, because people often don't report it. There is no typical victim. It happens among people of all ages. It affects those of all levels of income and education.
The first step in getting help is to tell someone you trust.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Domestic violence