Diagnosis Code N89.4
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code N89.4 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 742 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC
- 743 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 623.1 - Leukoplakia of vagina
- Leukoplakia of female genital organs
- Leukoplakia of vagina
Information for Patients
Vaginal problems are some of the most common reasons women go to the doctor. They may have symptoms such as
- Abnormal bleeding
One common problem is vaginitis, an inflammation of the vagina. Other problems that affect the vagina include sexually transmitted diseases, vaginal cancer, and vulvar cancer. Treatment of vaginal problems depends on the cause.
- Bartholin cyst or abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Imperforate hymen (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal cysts (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal dryness (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal itching and discharge - Adult and adolescent (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal itching and discharge - child (Medical Encyclopedia)