Diagnosis Code Y65.4
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- E876.4 - Fail introd/remove tube
- Failed intubation
Index of External Cause of Injuries
References found for the code Y65.4 in the External Cause of Injuries Index:
- introduce tube or instrument
- remove tube or instrument
Information for Patients
You can help prevent medical errors by being an active member of your health care team. Research shows that patients who are more involved with their care tend to get better results. To reduce the risk of medical errors, you can
- Ask questions if you have doubts or concerns. Take a relative or friend to your doctor appointment to help you ask questions and understand answers.
- Make sure you understand what will happen if you need surgery
- Tell your health care providers about all the medicines you take, including over-the-counter drugs and dietary supplements. Tell them if you have any allergies or bad reactions to anesthesia. Make sure you know how to take your medications correctly.
- Get a second opinion about treatment options
- Keep a copy of your own health history
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Help prevent hospital errors (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Use of restraints (Medical Encyclopedia)