MS-DRG - 871 SEPTICEMIA OR SEVERE SEPSIS WITHOUT MV >96 HOURS WITH MCC
The Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group or MS-DRG is a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). This is the group for MS-DRG - 871 SEPTICEMIA OR SEVERE SEPSIS WITHOUT MV >96 HOURS WITH Major Complication or Comorbidity diseases in version MS-DRG V40.0 applicable from 10/01/2022 through 09/30/2023.
|MS-DRG||MS-DRG Title||MCD||Relative Weight||Geometric LOS||Arithmetic LOS|
|871||SEPTICEMIA OR SEVERE SEPSIS WITHOUT MV >96 HOURS WITH MCC||18||1.9572 Relative Weight
The relative weight of a diagnostic related group determines the reimbursement rate based on the severity of a patient's illness and the associated cost of care during hospitalization.
|5.00 Geometric Length of Stay
The geometric mean length of stay (GMLOS) is used by Medicare to calculate the reimbursement for patients whose medical treatment takes a much longer or shorter time than average.
|6.60 Arithmetic Length of Stay
The average length of stay (ALOS) reflects the average number of days a patient spends in a hospital for each admission.
ICD-10 Codes in Diagnostic Related Group
- A02.1 - Salmonella sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- A20.7 - Septicemic plague BILLABLE CODE
- A22.7 - Anthrax sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- A26.7 - Erysipelothrix sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.7 - Listerial sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- A39.2 - Acute meningococcemia BILLABLE CODE
- A39.3 - Chronic meningococcemia BILLABLE CODE
- A39.4 - Meningococcemia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- A39.89 - Other meningococcal infections BILLABLE CODE
- A39.9 - Meningococcal infection, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- A40.0 - Sepsis due to streptococcus, group A BILLABLE CODE
- A40.1 - Sepsis due to streptococcus, group B BILLABLE CODE
- A40.3 - Sepsis due to Streptococcus pneumoniae BILLABLE CODE
- A40.8 - Other streptococcal sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- A54.86 - Gonococcal sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- B37.7 - Candidal sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- R57.1 - Hypovolemic shock BILLABLE CODE
- R57.8 - Other shock BILLABLE CODE
- R65.20 - Severe sepsis without septic shock BILLABLE CODE
- R65.21 - Severe sepsis with septic shock BILLABLE CODE