Not Valid for Submission
N60 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of benign mammary dysplasia. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
Specific Coding for Benign mammary dysplasia
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code N60:
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- fibrocystic mastopathy
Information for Patients
Most women experience breast changes at some time. Your age, hormone levels, and medicines you take may cause lumps, bumps, and discharges (fluids that are not breast milk).
If you have a breast lump, pain, discharge or skin irritation, see your health care provider. Minor and serious breast problems have similar symptoms. Although many women fear cancer, most breast problems are not cancer.
Some common breast changes are
- Fibrocystic breast changes - lumpiness, thickening and swelling, often just before a woman's period
- Cysts - fluid-filled lumps
- Fibroadenomas - solid, round, rubbery lumps that move easily when pushed, occurring most in younger women
- Intraductal papillomas - growths similar to warts near the nipple
- Blocked milk ducts
- Milk production when a woman is not breastfeeding
NIH: National Cancer Institute
- Breast - premenstrual tenderness and swelling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast biopsy -- stereotactic (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast biopsy -- ultrasound (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast infection (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast lump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast MRI scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast self exam (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast skin and nipple changes (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Fibroadenoma - breast (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Fibrocystic breast disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gynecomastia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Intraductal papilloma (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nipple problems (Medical Encyclopedia)