Valid for Submission
N53.13 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of anejaculatory orgasm. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N53.13 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like anejaculation or coital disorder or disorder of ejaculation or male coital disorder or orgasm without ejaculation.
The code N53.13 is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
|Short Description:||Anejaculatory orgasm|
|Long Description:||Anejaculatory orgasm|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N53.13 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Coital disorder
- Disorder of ejaculation
- Male coital disorder
- Orgasm without ejaculation
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N53.13 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 729 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC/MCC
- 730 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert N53.13 to ICD-9
- 608.87 - Retrograde ejaculation (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Diseases of male genital organs (N40-N53)
Other male sexual dysfunction (N53)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020